A scholarship to participate in the European Forum Alpbach is available to applicants between 18 and 30 years of age (up to 35 for African applicants). We welcome applications from all countries and disciplines. Artists and non-graduates are strongly encouraged to apply. This is all about European Forum Alpbach (EFA) Scholarship Program
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across the world. Check out some selected opportunities below:
European Forum Alpbach (EFA) Scholarship Program is offered to young talents from all around the world join the European Forum Alpbach (EFA) and come to the event. Students, young professionals, and changemakers attend a variety of scientific, competence-based, and artistic seminars, enjoy a high-level conference programme as well as social and cultural activities in the village of Alpbach.
Both EFA itself as well as the Forum Alpbach Network (FAN) award around 400 scholarships.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Open to applicants between 18 and 30 years of age (up to 35 for African applicants).
- They welcome applications from all countries and disciplines.
- Artists and non-graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The main language of the European Forum Alpbach is English. Therefore, fluent English language skills are required (minimum level B2 of Common European Framework of Reference). You will be asked to provide supporting documents to prove your English proficiency.
- All applicants must be available and ready to attend the European Forum Alpbach 2023 for a minimum of 12 days.
About the Scholarship :
The European Forum Alpbach (EFA) is an Austrian nonprofit organisation and foundation based in Vienna, Austria. It is best known for hosting the event of the same name in the village of Alpbach. It is an interdisciplinary platform for science, politics, business and culture with its mission cited as “connecting international decision-makers from all sectors of society with an interested audience and committed young people.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- A scholarship to participate at EFA covers the participation fee and your accommodation for the entire duration of EFA23 (August 19 to September 2, 2023).
- Additionally, EFA scholarship holders receive a daily allowance of EUR 20/day. Some Clubs within the Forum Alpbach Network offer a reimbursement of travel costs and/or daily allowances to their scholarship holders.
Method of Application
To apply via EFA, you need the following:
- Motivational statement answering the following question: What motivates you to take part in EFA23? Explain which track(s) you are most interested in and how you will contribute, in terms of perspectives, ideas and knowledge, to its discussions. Be as concrete as possible and link it to your personal background.
- CV details(you can indicate up to 5 professional activities, 5 educational stations, 5 extracurricular activities in our application form).
- Proof of your English B2 level. They accept the following documents:
- A language certificate (e.g., TOEFL with a min. score of 72, IELTS with a min. score of 5.5, CPE or CAE with a min. score of 162, MUET with a min. score of 5).
- Proof that you studied or are studying in an English-speaking country
- Proof that your degree is taught entirely in English
- If you are a native speaker, you can upload a copy of your passport. You are considered a native speaker if you come from one of the following majority English-speaking countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, South Africa, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- A confirmation by your school, employer, or a university professor, explicitly stating that you have reached B2 or an equivalent to B2.
- Latest diploma or transcript of records or proof of employment. If your transcript or certificate is in a language other than German or English, you need to submit a translation. This translation does not need to be certified. Do not send any additional certificates as they will not consider them