The Human Resources department of the Food and Agriculture Organization is looking to bring in new, talented individuals who are passionate about contributing their fresh ideas, latest research, and innovative approaches to the organization. This internship program is designed to provide these individuals with the opportunity to make their mark and help shape the future of FAO..
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across the world. Check out some selected opportunities below;
The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind
- Candidates must be enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications
- Letter of motivation
Method of Application
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- You are requested to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- Host: United Nations | FAO
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Internships | Training
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Training | $700 monthly stipend
- Deadline: August 25, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE