In this guide, we’ll delve into the intricacies of the Cambridge 10 listening test 1. This comprehensive article will provide you with all the essential information you need to succeed in this challenging listening test. From test format to expert tips, we’ve got you covered.
Welcome to the ultimate guide on mastering the Cambridge 10 listening test 1. Whether you’re a student preparing for an English proficiency exam or a language enthusiast seeking to improve your listening skills, this article is your go-to resource. Our expert insights and detailed FAQs will ensure that you have everything you need to excel.
Related Article: Cambridge 13 reading test 1 answers
Understanding the Cambridge 10 Listening Test 1
The Cambridge 10 listening test 1 is a crucial component of various English proficiency exams, including the IELTS. It assesses your ability to comprehend spoken English in real-life situations. Here’s what you need to know:
Cambridge 10 listening test 1 AUDIO
Part 1: Questions 1-6
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
SELF-DRIVE TOURS IN THE USA
Name: Andrea Brown
Address: 24, (1) Road
Postcode: BH5 2OP
Heard about company from: (2)
Possible self drive tours:
• Los Angeles: customer wants to visit some (3) parks with their children
• Yosemite Park: customer wants to stay in a lodge, not a (4)
• Customer wants to see the (5) on the way to Cambria
• At Santa Monica: not interested in shopping
• At San Diego: wants to spend time on the (6)
Complete the table below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
|Number of days||Total distance||Price per person||Includes|
|Trip one||12 days||(7)…………km||£ 525||– accommodation
– one (8)………..
|Trip two||9 days||980 km||(9) £………….||– accommodation
– one (10)………………
Part 2: Questions 11 and 12
Choose TWO letters A-E.
Which TWO facilities at the leisure club have recently been improved?
A the gym
B the tracks
C the indoor pool
D the outdoor pool
E the sports training for children
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Joining the leisure club
• New members should describe any (13)
• The (14) will be explained to you before you use the equipment.
• You will be given a six-week (15)
Types of membership
• There is a compulsory £90 (16) fee for members.
• Gold members are given (17) to all the LP clubs.
• Premier members are given priority during (18) hours.
• Premier members can bring some (19) every month.
• Members should always take their (20) with them.
Part 3: Questions 21-25
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Global Design Competition
21. Students entering the design competition have to
A produce an energy-efficient design
B adapt an existing energy-saving appliance
C develop a new use for current technology.
22. John chose a dishwasher because he wanted to make dishwashers
A more appealing
B more common
C more economical
23. The stone in John’s ‘Rockpool’ design is used
A for decoration
B to switch it on
C to stop water escaping
24. In the holding chamber, the carbon dioxide
A changes back to a gas
B dries the dishes
C is allowed to cool
25. At the end of the cleaning process, the carbon dioxide
A is released into the air
B is disposed of with the waste
C is collected ready to be re-used
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
• John needs help preparing for his (26)
• The professor advises John to make a (27) of his design.
• John’s main problem is getting good quality (28)
• The professor suggests John apply for a (29)
• The professor will check the (30) information in John’s written report.
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
THE SPIRIT BEAR
• It is a white bear belonging to the black bear family.
• Its colour comes from an uncommon (31)
• Local people believe that it has unusual (32)
• They protect the bear from (33)
• The bear’s relationship with the forest is complex.
• Tree roots stop (34) along salmon streams.
• The bears’ feeding habits provide nutrients for forest vegetation.
• It is currently found on a small number of (35)
• Habitat is being lost due to deforestation and construction of (36) by logging companies.
• Unrestricted (37) is affecting the salmon supply.
• The bears’ existence is also threatened by their low rate of (38)
• Interested parties are working together.
• Logging companies must improve their (39) of logging.
• Maintenance and (40) of the spirit bears’ territory is needed.
Cambridge 10 listening test 1 ANSWERS
13. health problems
14. safety rules
17. free entry
20. photo card
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take notes during the Cambridge 10 listening test 1?
A: Yes, you can. In fact, it’s highly recommended. Jot down keywords and main ideas to aid your comprehension.
Q: How can I improve my listening speed?
A: Practice is the key to improving listening speed. Gradually expose yourself to faster audio materials to build your listening muscles.
Q: What should I do if I don’t understand an accent during the test?
A: Don’t panic. Focus on grasping the main ideas and keywords. Familiarity with various accents will help over time.
Q: Are there any specific online resources for Cambridge 10 listening test 1 preparation?
A: Yes, there are numerous websites and platforms offering practice tests, audio materials, and tips for test preparation.
Q: How can I reduce anxiety on the test day?
A: Relaxation techniques, deep breathing, and positive self-talk can help reduce anxiety. Additionally, being well-prepared will boost your confidence.
Q: Is there a passing score for the Cambridge 10 listening test 1?
A: The scoring varies depending on the exam, so it’s essential to check the specific requirements for your intended test.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
Mastering the Cambridge 10 listening test 1 is an achievable goal with the right preparation and strategies. Use this guide to bolster your listening skills, and remember to practice regularly. By taking notes, understanding accents, and effectively managing your time, you’ll be well on your way to success.
If you’re looking for more guidance or resources, explore our FAQs for additional insights. With dedication and practice, you’ll ace the Cambridge 10 listening test 1 and unlock new opportunities for your future.
- Free online IELTS Academic Reading practice test – Questions and Answers
- IELTS Reading practice test with answers
- 24 December IELTS Exam Reading Answers
- Cambridge 13 reading test 1 answers