The Canon Student Development Programme provides students in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with the ability to connect with renowned specialists, attend leading industry events, and receive professional feedback on their portfolios. This is an incredible opportunity for students in those regions.
Advance your career and take the next step to become a pro photographer with the Canon Student Development Programme.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across the world. Check out some selected opportunities below;
- Module 1 – May 29 – June 30: Between May – June, 100 students will receive three online sessions with a professional mentor, who will offer tailored insights and guidance on refining their portfolio.
- Module 2 – September 2 – 6: In September up to 30 students will be invited to a prestigious 5-day workshop in Girona, Spain and Perpignan, France. Students will take part in hosted practical sessions, group portfolio reviews and talks by top photographers and editors. The students will also have the chance to visit Visa pour l’Image, the international festival of photojournalism.
- Module 3 – September 15 – 17: Top 5 students will be granted an exclusive place at the third edition of the Hamburg Portfolio Review.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
- You must be at least 18 on April 16, 2023 and either a student, intern, or have completed your course in the 2022-23 academic year.
- The programme is available to those living in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, however, those that wish to participate must have an appropriate level of English proficiency.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The final 5 will receive up to €9k worth of Canon kit and a €2k grant.
Method of Application
- Fill in the form and submit your portfolio. Your submission can contain a maximum of two projects, compromising up to 20 images each, plus a description of your project(s), image captions and a personal bio. Your portfolio should be within the genre of photojournalism or documentary photography.
- The entry deadline is 16 April 2023. 100 participants will be accepted onto the Canon Student Development Programme and notified by 5 May 2023. ID is required for entry.
- Host: Canon Global Company
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: €9,000 worth of Canon kit | €2,000 Grant.
- Deadline: April 16, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE