China Scholarship Council
The China Scholarship Council is the Chinese Ministry of Education’s non-profit organization that provides support for international academic exchange with China and is the primary vehicle through which the Chinese government awards scholarships.
This scholarship intend to promote education, culture, trade, exchanges in education and politics, cooperation and mutual understanding between other countries and China. International students from all world countries are eligible to apply.
CSC Scholarship 2023/24 Benefits
- Type A CSC Scholarship covers registration fees, accommodation (in a university residence in a shared room with another person), basic medical insurance and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Type B CSC Scholarship covers the same as the Type A scholarship, except for the monthly allowance for personal expenses.
- Type C CSC Scholarship is another type of partial scholarship with little benefits.
MINIMUM Requirements of CSC Scholarship 2023
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Minimum Age Requirement:
- Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old,
- For master’s degree age limit is 35 years
- For Ph.D. degree, age limit is 40 years
- Minimum qualification:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students,
- Bachelor Degree for the masters degree
- Masters degree for the doctoral degree.
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
Required Documents for CSC Scholarship 2023
- Official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form. You must attach a copy of this form filled out by a doctor. Make sure the form is signed by the doctor and that it has an official seal of the hospital or medical center where you do it. At least one stamp must be stamped on top of the previously attached card photograph. Forms older than 6 months from the date of application are not accepted.
- Passport Copy.
- TOEFL or IELTS Diploma if you are going to study in English and you are not native of an English-speaking country: The minimum scores of both diplomas are specified by each university for each type of course. If you don’t have IELTS certificate, you can also provide a simple certificate stating that your last degree was taught in English language. It is called English proficiency certificate. IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. TOEFL is the Test of English as a Foreign Language. To apply to university you will need to take the IELTS Academic test or TOEFL iBT. These tests can be taken at test centres in your own country
- Two letters of recommendation written in English or in Chinese from your last university professors. (masters and PhDs students)
- CV written in English or Chinese: In English, a curriculum vitae is a short written summary of a person’s career, qualifications, and education. This is the most common usage in both North American and British English. In North America, the term résumé is a common synonym for CV in the sense of a short career summary. You can attach a document that contains information about your specialty and your academic interests, or fill it out directly in the corresponding section of the application form (the space is quite short, I recommend that you attach this information in an attached document).
- Other documents: If you have research publications or any other distinction, you must attach them. (Optional)
How to Apply for Chinese Government Scholarship 2023/24?
- Application Period: The application period for CSC Scholarship is generally from January to April of each year. Some authorized agencies or universities have different deadlines. You should check the deadline of universities of your choice.
- The application for CSC Scholarship must first be completed online (in English or Chinese). You can apply for three universities with this CSC portal account.
- At the beginning of the online application form, you will be asked to choose the type of scholarship according to its funding (A, B or C) and the number of authorized agency or university (a code that you will find on the internet or that will be provided by the university, you have selected).
- Once you have completed all the information in the online application for Chinese Government Scholarship, you must attach the required documents in PDF format (list is given below).
- After submission of your online Chinese Government Scholarship application, download this application.
- Select the Chinese University and Course here.
- Check if the Chinese University of your choice requires an online application for admission along with Chinese Government Scholarship application or not.
- If that university requires an online application then submit this application on that university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Make 2 sets of documents (list given below) and dispatch it to the University address.
- The results will be made public on the same page of the application as of mid-July. From that moment, the entities begin to distribute by post the necessary documentation to process the study visa in the country of origin of the candidates.
Visit the OFFICIAL site