Starting a career as an Investment Support Officer at the Food and Agriculture Organization in Ghana is a big deal. This article will help you understand the job, what it takes, and the rewarding journey of contributing to agriculture.
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization
- Location: Africa – Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
The job is in the West and Central Africa Service (CFIE) of the FAO Investment Centre, based in the Regional Office for Africa (RAF) in Accra, Ghana.
The FAO Investment Centre (CFI) helps make agrifood systems better by providing investment and finance solutions. It works in over 120 countries, supporting FAO Members with various types of investment and finance. The center partners with governments, financial institutions, the private sector, farmers, research institutions, and academia to enhance agrifood investment. The main areas of work include strategic investment planning, public and private investment, and innovative finance. The center also focuses on knowledge sharing and capacity development at the country level.
Related article: Procurement Officer at GDN Manufacturing Limited – Jobs In Ghana
The Investment Support Officer reports to the Chief of the West and Central Africa Service (CFIE) and collaborates with the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative for Africa (RAF).
Provide support for developing, implementing, and evaluating investment policies, strategies, and projects in areas like agricultural and rural development, agribusiness, market access, private sector development, and sustainable natural resource management.
Deliver investment and finance support through technical expertise and capacity development. Collaborate with stakeholders to transform agrifood systems as per the FAO Strategic Framework.
- Participate in teams to assist governments in identifying and preparing investment initiatives.
- Support implementation and final evaluation of investment solutions.
- Provide technical expertise for studies and strategies related to food and agriculture, rural development, and natural resource management.
- Support the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems.
- Deliver capacity development initiatives in food and agriculture investment support.
- Prepare documents according to FAO and partners’ requirements.
- Support task organization, and consultant selection, and ensure output quality.
- Promote international cooperation and collaboration for new investment opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with relevant units and offices for synergy.
- Participate in resource mobilization activities.
- Guide junior staff.
- Advanced degree in relevant fields.
- Seven years of experience in agricultural/rural sector studies and investment operations.
- Proficient in French and intermediate in English.
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Related Article: Call Center Representative at Oya Ghana – Jobs In Ghana
- Work experience in multiple locations or areas.
- Relevance of experience in formulating and implementing strategies and investment programs.
- Experience with FAO’s main partners, such as the World Bank and IFAD.
- Knowledge of the specific subregion’s context, partners, and institutions.
- Experience in dealing with government officials and development partners.
- Capacity to write technical reports in French.
- Proficiency in English is an asset.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
Method of Application
Closing Date: 30th November, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What qualifications do I need to be an Investment Support Officer in Ghana?
- To do well in this role, you need a background in finance or economics and a keen interest in agriculture. Usually, a bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement.
How does an Investment Support Officer help in agricultural development?
- The officer plays a big role in creating financial strategies that support sustainable farming, ensuring economic stability and growth in the sector.
Are there specific skills that make a successful Investment Support Officer?
- Definitely. Good financial skills, understanding of agricultural economics, and effective communication are key. Problem-solving abilities are also highly valued.
What career opportunities are there for Investment Support Officers?
- Within the Food and Agriculture Organization, you can grow into leadership roles, specialize in certain areas, and contribute to important projects.
Why is networking important for an Investment Support Officer’s career?
- Networking is crucial because it opens doors to new opportunities and insights that can significantly boost your career.
Is continuous learning important for success in this role?
- Absolutely. The agriculture sector and financial landscape change, so staying updated with industry trends and acquiring new skills is crucial.
Becoming an Investment Support Officer at the Food and Agriculture Organization in Ghana is more than just a job—it’s a journey of contributing to sustainable agriculture. With the right qualifications, skills, and passion for finance and agriculture, you can make a lasting impact.
- Jobs In Africa (Ghana)
- Call Center Representative at Oya Ghana – Jobs In Ghana
- Secondary School Deputy Principal needed at Lincoln Community School – Jobs In Ghana