Are you an aspiring researcher or scientist looking for opportunities to fund your groundbreaking projects in 2024? Look no further! The Merieux Research Grants In Worldwide 2024 are here to help you turn your dreams into reality.
In the world of scientific research, financial support can often be the key to transforming innovative ideas into tangible solutions. The Merieux Research Grants In Worldwide 2024 provide a lifeline for researchers, offering the funding and resources needed to drive forward groundbreaking projects in various scientific fields. In this article, we will take an in-depth look at these grants, exploring their application process, eligibility criteria, and frequently asked questions. So, let’s dive into the world of Merieux Research Grants Worldwide 2024 and discover the path to turning your research aspirations into reality.
Scholarship Name: Merieux Research Grants in Worldwide 2024
The Merieux Research Grants aim to support and identify innovative projects in the fields of infectious diseases, cancer and cardiovascular diseases, nutrition, food and water safety. Successful applicants are granted a two-year grant, with a funding range of up to €200,000. The Merieux Institute may also explore the possibility of establishing strategic partnerships in case of project success. These grants are open to established scientists from both academic and private research institutions. While proposals from pharmaceutical and biotech entities are not eligible, grants are primarily intended for proposals submitted by a single principal investigator. The application deadline for this opportunity was September 24, 2015.
Participating Institute: Merieux Institute, Worldwide.
These grants support research projects in the areas of infectious diseases, cancer and cardiovascular diseases, nutrition, food, and water safety.
Degree Level: These grants are available for research programs.
Scholarship can be taken at: Worldwide
Related Article: how to write a strong recommendation letter
The Merieux Research Grants are flexible in usage and can cover consumables, equipment, salaries, and travel expenses. These grants are open to established scientists from academic and private research institutions. However, applications from pharmaceutical and biotech entities are not eligible. While grants are primarily allocated to proposals submitted by a single principal investigator, collaborative projects involving two PIs are also eligible, although not given priority. In the case of collaborative projects, grants from successful applications will be allocated to the hosting institution of the main PI.
Eligible Nationalities: These grants are available for applicants worldwide.
What it covers: The grants include:
- Advanced Research Grant: Ranging from €100,000 to €200,000 over two years.
- Starting Research Grant: €40,000 over two years.
Selection Criteria: Grants are awarded based on the evaluation of a concise proposal, typically no longer than seven pages.
Notification: The entire selection process takes approximately 4-6 months.
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file to Marie-Helene Brinjean (assistant). While not mandatory, a cover letter that outlines the project’s objectives and expected impact, as well as the PI’s relevant expertise and achievements, is encouraged. The application should adhere to specific guidelines and templates available for download on the Institut Merieux website. The application must not exceed 7 pages in total (Arial 11, single-spaced), and any submission exceeding this length constraint will not be reviewed.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
The application should include the following information:
- Information on the Principal Investigator (name, first name, title, gender, nationality, current faculty/institute/department/laboratory, phone and e-mail contact details).
- Description of the Project (title, keywords, state of the art, preliminary and expected results, methods and work plan, ethical considerations if applicable, expected translation into innovative tools and technologies, budget for consumables, equipment, salaries, and/or travel).
- Information on other participants (name, title, positions).
- Information on potential subcontractors (third parties who have entered into an agreement on business conditions with one or more participants and may be related to the submitted project without direct supervision or subordination to the PI; name, position, and e-mail contact details).
- Information on the administrative official of the host institution (if applicable; the person representing the host institution for intellectual property; name, position, phone, and e-mail contact details).
- A brief description, if available, of the intellectual property policy relevant to the Principal Investigator, their team, and subcontractors; the distribution of this property among the participants and the host institution, if applicable; existing pre-existing intellectual property rights and their associated conditions of access.
- CV (a half-page sketch) and main achievements (a maximum of 15 relevant publications), prizes, awards, patents, involvement in main steering committees, study sections, and/or editorial boards.
To apply or learn more about the Merieux Research Grants In Worldwide 2024, kindly visit:
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I increase my chances of securing a Merieux Research Grant?
While there are no guarantees, applicants can improve their chances by crafting a compelling proposal that aligns with the grant’s focus on global health challenges and innovation. Seek guidance from experts in your field, and ensure your proposal is well-researched, concise, and impactful.
Are these grants only for established researchers, or can early-career scientists apply?
Merieux Research Grants In Worldwide 2024 are open to scientists and researchers at all career stages, from early-career professionals to established experts. The selection committee values innovation and potential impact over seniority.
Can I apply as part of a research team?
Yes, collaborative research proposals are welcome. They are encouraged. Team-based research projects often lead to more comprehensive and impactful results.
What is the timeline for the application process?
The Merieux Research Grants In Worldwide 2024 typically follow a structured timeline, with specific deadlines for proposal submission, review, and final selection. Applicants are advised to refer to the official grant guidelines for precise dates and details.
How do I stay updated on future grant opportunities?
To stay informed about future grant opportunities and updates, regularly visit the official Mérieux Foundation website and subscribe to their newsletters and announcements.
What happens if my proposal is successful?
If your proposal is selected, you will receive financial support, mentorship, and access to resources to carry out your research. You will also be expected to provide periodic progress reports and share your findings with the scientific community.
Related Article: how to write a strong recommendation letter