Going to college is a big deal, and the Singapore Government Scholarships 2024 can make it even more exciting. This guide is here to help you understand everything about these scholarships, from how to qualify to what you can expect.
Applications are open for the Singapore Government Scholarships, available for international students. The deadline for these scholarships is December 1, 2023. Upon completing a four-year bachelor’s degree program, students have the opportunity to pursue a master’s degree, a master’s degree leading to a Ph.D., or a direct Ph.D. degree. Singapore boasts one of the best educational systems globally.
Related Article: Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships 2024
Summary of Singapore Government Scholarships
- Host Country: Singapore
- Degree level: Masters, Masters Leading to PhD
- Award: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 1st December 2023
List of Singapore Government Scholarships
- International Graduate Award in Singapore (SINGA):
Sponsored by the Singaporean government, this scholarship aims to attract talented international students for postgraduate studies in the fields of engineering or sciences, specifically for a PhD program. The SINGA scholarship, with around 240 slots available, has no nationality restrictions. Recipients receive full tuition remission, a transportation allowance, one-time airfare to and from their home country, and a monthly stipend. This comprehensive scholarship covers tuition and living expenses for up to four years.
- Scholarships for Science and Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS):
Funded by the Commonwealth, this fellowship is designed for international students interested in pursuing postgraduate or Ph.D. programs in engineering or transdisciplinary sciences. Candidates, who must be citizens of a Commonwealth country, are selected based on academic records, English proficiency, and GRE scores. Successful applicants receive a full tuition refund, a textbook stipend, a monthly allowance, access to social and other related facilities, and opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops. The scholarship duration is limited to four years.
- Nanyang Technological University Scholarship:
Offered by Nanyang Technological University (NTU), this scholarship invites outstanding international students to apply for undergraduate programs in selected subject areas. Awarded on a merit basis, the scholarship application must be submitted simultaneously with the admissions form. Benefits include full tuition support, textbook expenses, a one-time travel ticket, housing allowance, transportation or settling exemption, accommodation allowance, adjustments, and participation in conferences and workshops.
- Scholarships from the Singaporean Government (Singapore Government Scholarship):
Targeted at students from Southeast Asia, these Singapore government scholarships are available for undergraduate studies at NUS, Nanyang Technological University, or Singapore Management University. Students need to be enrolled at one of the mentioned universities and demonstrate a strong academic background. This fully funded scholarship covers all expenses, including tuition, living expenses, transportation, and travel.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
The SINGA Scholarship is open to all international graduates with a strong enthusiasm for research and a track record of high academic achievements. Applicants must demonstrate excellent proficiency in both written and verbal English. Positive evaluations from academic referees are also required. Additionally, applicants are expected to provide results for English proficiency tests such as IELTS and TOEFL, as well as standardized tests like GRE, SAT I and II, and GATE.
Benefits of Singapore Government Scholarships 2024
The scholarship includes:
- Waiver of all tuition costs.
- Stipend of S$2,000 per month, increasing to S$2,500 after passing the qualifying exam.
- Up to S$1,500 in one-time airfare grants,* and S$1,000 in one-time relocation aid.
Related Article: Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme 2024 (How to Apply)
Documents Required for Singapore Government Scholarships
Before applying, the following documents are required, and all necessary materials should be submitted online. Please do not mail any hard copies to the Singapore Government Scholarship Office. The required documents include:
- A recent passport-size photo in .jpeg or .png format.
- Applicants Transcripts & Reports:
- All transcripts must be in English translation.
- Applicants Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Academic Transcripts:
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s)/scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university regarding your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Recommendation Letters:
- Two Recommendation Reports to be completed and submitted online by the referees.
To learn more about the Singapore Government Scholarships 2024, kindly visit:
The deadline to apply for the Singapore Government Scholarships 2024 for International Students is November ending 2024.
FAQs on Singapore Government Scholarships 2024
1. What is the University of New Haven scholarship 2024 2025?
2. What are the requirements for Singa undergraduate scholarship?
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) primarily focuses on providing scholarships for graduate studies (master’s and Ph.D. levels).
3. Does Singapore give scholarship to international students?
4. Which universities are fully funded scholarship in Singapore?
Here are some universities in Singapore known for providing scholarships to international students:
- National University of Singapore (NUS): NUS is a top-ranked university in Asia and offers various scholarships for international undergraduate and postgraduate students. The scholarships may cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs.
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU): NTU is another prestigious university in Singapore with scholarship programs for international students. These scholarships may cover tuition, living allowances, and other expenses.
- Singapore Management University (SMU): SMU offers scholarships to both undergraduate and postgraduate international students. The scholarships may include full tuition coverage and additional allowances.
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD): SUTD provides various scholarships for international students pursuing undergraduate and graduate programs. The scholarships may cover tuition fees and provide a living stipend.
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT): SIT offers scholarships for international students enrolled in its degree programs. The scholarships may cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other related costs.
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS): SUSS provides scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate international students. These scholarships may cover tuition fees and provide financial support.