Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is offering scholarships to economically disadvantaged yet academically gifted young people in Ghana and across Africa, giving them the opportunity to access quality and relevant university education.
This set of services provides students with support to ensure they are successful academically, involved in their community, and transitioned into employment situations that will foster social and economic progress in Africa.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across the world. Check out some selected opportunities below;
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Details:
The Mastercard Foundation is striving to create a world where everyone can access educational and economic opportunities, regardless of their starting point in life. Their goal is to ensure that every individual has a fair opportunity to achieve success.
We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance.
Our mission is to empower economically challenged youth in Africa to create paths to a more prosperous life for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Requirements:
MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) Scholarships for the 2024:
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Scholarship includes;
- Students can receive comprehensive financial assistance that covers full tuition, on–campus housing that is entirely paid for, learning materials, transportation and a monthly allowance.
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- People have the chance to get involved in leadership congresses, volunteer work, mentoring programs (Go–back Give– Back), and internships that are specially sourced.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- Students who have successfully completed their undergraduate studies with a MCF Partner institution in the USA now have the chance to pursue a Master‘s Degree in an accelerated format. This program allows students to further their education and gain valuable skills in a shorter amount of time. The program also offers the potential for increased career opportunities and higher earning potential.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Method of Application
Download a copy of the 2024 application form here
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:The Program ManagerMastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
No 1 Africa Hall Impact BuildingPMB, UPO
AK 315 4897
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline: July 31, 2024
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: Ghana
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Monthly Stipend | Transportation Allowance
- Deadline: July 31, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE