Italy is one of the most popular destinations for international students who want to pursue their education abroad. The country has a rich history, culture, and cuisine that attract students from all over the world. The Italian government has recognized the importance of international education, and that’s why they offer scholarships to students who want to study in Italy.
The winner of a MAECI scholarship, based on the starting date of the grant and the number of months indicated in the “Dichiarazione di assegnazione di borsa di studio” (Awarding Letter), will receive a monthly amount of 900 euros paid periodically every two or every three months to the personal current account, opened in his/her name, with an Italian banking Institution.
To be eligible for the Italian government scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country outside of the European Union (EU).
- You must have a valid academic qualification that allows you to enroll in a university program in Italy.
- You must not be older than 28 years of age.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across the world. Check out some selected opportunities below;
Applicants for PhD Programmes should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 30 years by the deadline of this call (born after June 9th 1992), with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 40 years by the deadline of this call (born after June 9th 1982).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Some Universities exempt Grantees from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University in line with the regulations on the autonomy of academic institutions. The Grantees have to contact their University of choice to ascertain they can be exempted. Regional Fees are due anyway.
The exemption is not applied for Italian language and culture advanced courses, for which the payment of registration and tuition fees is required.
- Grantees will be covered by a collective health and medical insurance, contracted by MAECI, in case of illness or accident. The insurance is valid exclusively for the duration of the grant.
The application process for the Italian government scholarship is straightforward. You must first check the official website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for the latest information about the scholarship. Once you have all the necessary information, you can fill out the online application form and submit it along with the required documents.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
Method of Application
interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.
The grant is incompatible with any other grant offered by the Italian Government or any other Italian public institution, including the scholarships provided by educational regional authorities and agencies.
The Grant is compatible with other European programs, such as Erasmus and Erasmus+, and other scholarships offered by international institutions, but it will not be paid for the periods of study outside Italy. In order to receive the monthly amount the Grantee must have been staying in Italy
for more than half of that particular month.
You will need to submit the following documents along with your application:
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of your academic qualifications.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or academic advisor.
- A personal statement that explains why you want to study in Italy and how the scholarship will help you achieve your academic goals.
- Proof of English language proficiency (if your course is in English).
The selection process for the Italian government scholarship is based on academic merit, the relevance of your academic qualifications to the course you want to study, and your overall application. The scholarship committee will review your application and notify you if you have been selected.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Italian government scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly allowance of 900 euros. The scholarship also includes health insurance coverage.
Studying in Italy is an excellent opportunity for international students to experience a unique culture, learn a new language, and gain a world-class education. The Italian government scholarship for international students in 2023 is an excellent opportunity to finance your education in Italy. We hope this article has provided you with comprehensive details about the scholarship and how to apply for it. If you have any questions, please visit the official website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for more information.
- Host Country: Italy
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | 900 Euro Monthly Allowance | Health Insurance
- Deadline: June 9, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE