Are you an international student looking to pursue a master’s degree in the UK? Look no further than the Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Program for International Students. This program provides financial support to talented and deserving students who wish to study in the UK.
Benefits of the Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Program
The Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Program provides numerous benefits to its recipients, including:
- Full Tuition Coverage: The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition for the duration of the program.
- Living Expenses: The scholarship provides a stipend to cover living expenses during the program.
- Opportunities for Networking: Scholars will have the opportunity to network with other scholars and professionals in their field.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across the world. Check out some selected opportunities below;
Eligibility Criteria For Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Programs For International Students
To be eligible for the Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country in Africa.
- Hold a first-class or upper second-class bachelor’s degree.
- Have at least three years of relevant work experience.
- Have an offer to study a full-time master’s degree at a UK university.
- Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the equivalent of a UK first class or 2.1 Honours degree at undergraduate level in a Humanities or Social Science subject.
- Candidates must submit a Personal Statement for the scholarship application which should clearly state why you are applying for this scholarship, along with your experience and aspirations in the field of Africa and International Development.
- Candidates must also arrange for two referees to submit reference letters supporting their application.
- Please note: The Nyerere Scholarship cannot be held alongside any other scholarship funding
Application Process FOR Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Programs For International Students
To apply for the Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Program, follow the steps below:
- Research the available master’s degree programs at UK universities that are eligible for the scholarship.
- Apply for admission to the chosen program(s) at the UK universities.
- Apply for the scholarship through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s online application system.
- Submit all required documents, including academic transcripts, reference letters, and a personal statement.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship will cover Tuition Fees and an annual stipend of £13,500.
- The annual stipend will be paid in quarterly instalments following full matriculation. Payments are made in September and December 2023, and March and June 2024.
- Awards are made for one year only.
- The award cannot be held alongside any other scholarship funding.
The selection process for the Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Program is highly competitive and is based on academic excellence, leadership potential, and the relevance of the applicant’s work experience to their chosen field of study. Shortlisted applicants will be required to participate in an interview process to determine final selections.
Method of Application
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system, applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
- Eligible applicants will complete an online scholarship application.
- Information on how to apply will follow shortly
- Host: University of Edinburgh
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Country | Tanzania
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £13,500 Stipends
- Deadline: June 15, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Program for International Students is an excellent opportunity for talented and deserving students from Commonwealth countries in Africa who wish to pursue a master’s degree in the UK. Apply now and take the first step towards advancing your education and career.