At the 2024 UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum, young people from all over the world will have the opportunity to engage with global heritage issues and take part in a unique learning experience. This forum is an important platform for young professionals who are passionate about heritage preservation, sustainability, and cultural diversity.
What is the UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum?
The UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum is an annual event that brings together young professionals and experts from around the world to explore global heritage issues. The forum is organized by the World Heritage Centre in partnership with the host country.
The forum aims to enhance the capacity of young professionals to contribute to the conservation and management of World Heritage sites, as well as to promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue. It provides a platform for young people to exchange knowledge and experience, as well as to develop new skills in areas such as community engagement, fundraising, and advocacy.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across the world. Check out some selected opportunities below;
UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum Requirements:
Participants of the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2024 are expected to be:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years.
- Experienced in one of these fields: World Heritage, conservation, archaeology, architecture, conservation, urban planning & regeneration, restoration, art history, tourism, climate change, and digital technology.
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
- Committed to enhancing community engagement in the management of World Heritage properties.
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum.
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
In addition to general eligibility, the following elements will also be considered in selecting the participants:
The 2024 Forum: What to Expect
The 2024 UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum will take place in [host country] and will focus on the theme of [theme]. The forum will provide participants with a unique opportunity to:
- Gain insights into global heritage issues and best practices in heritage conservation and management
- Learn about innovative approaches to heritage preservation and sustainable development
- Network with young professionals and experts from around the world
- Participate in interactive sessions and workshops on topics such as community engagement, fundraising, and advocacy
- Contribute to the development of a global youth agenda for heritage preservation and sustainable development.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
Who Should Apply?
The UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum is open to young professionals aged 23 to 32 years old, from all over the world, who are working in the fields of heritage conservation, sustainable development, and related fields. Applicants should have a strong interest in heritage preservation and sustainable development, as well as a good command of English.
Duration and Reward
- The participants are expected to arrive on September 2, 2023 and depart on September 13, 2024. All related expenses (economy class flights, accommodation, local transportation, and meals) will be covered by the host country for the duration of the Forum. The organizers will also assist in the travel preparations and will provide support to the participants who need a visa.
- If any participant wishes to extend his/her stay after September 13, 2023, all related costs will be covered by the participant. In such a case, the host country should be informed in advance, in order to make all the necessary arrangements.
How to Apply
To apply for 2024 UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum: An Opportunity for Youth Worldwide, interested candidates should complete the online application form on the official forum website. The application form will require candidates to provide information about their academic background, work experience, and motivation for applying.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
The application form must be completed only in English. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.
In addition to education and background information, candidates are also required to submit their CV and a copy of their passport size photo. Incomplete applications will not be considered.The selected applicants will be informed by email
The UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum is a unique opportunity for young professionals to engage with global heritage issues and contribute to the development of a global youth agenda for heritage preservation and sustainable development. The 2023 forum promises to be an enriching and inspiring experience for all participants. If you are a young professional working in the fields of heritage conservation or sustainable development, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.