On this page, I will provide a list of WAEC-recommended textbooks for the English Language examination in 2024/2025. If you’ve been seeking guidance on the best books to study for the upcoming WAEC English paper, you’ve come to the right place.
What textbooks should I utilize to prepare for the 2024/2025 WAEC English Language exam? Which authors and textbooks does WAEC endorse for students?
Please note that these recommended textbooks are suitable for both SSCE WAEC and GCE WAEC exams, as the syllabus and book recommendations are the same for both.
WAEC Recommended English Language Textbooks 2024/2025
Here is a tabular representation of the WAEC-recommended English Language textbooks. You should select two or more of these textbooks for your study:
|WAEC RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOKS||AUTHORS|
|Countdown English Language||Ogunsanwo, O. & Co. (Use the Revised Edition)|
|The Silent Teacher||Olatoye, S|
|Intensive English for SS3||Oluikpe, B. O. & Co.|
|Objective Tests for School Certificate English||Tomori, S. H.|
|Catch up on English||Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, & Co.|
|Oral English for Secondary School|
- Countdown English Language. The Author: Ogunsanwo, O. & Co. (Use the Revised Edition)
- The Silent Teacher. The Author; Olatoye, S.
- Intensive English for SS3. The Author: Oluikpe, B. O. & Co.
- Objective Tests for School Certificate English. The Author; Tomori, S. H.
- Catch up on English. Author; Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, & Co.
- Oral English for Secondary School by
How to get WASSCE text books
To obtain WASSCE textbooks, you can follow these steps:
- Ask Friends or Seniors: Start by inquiring with friends or senior colleagues who have completed their O’level education. They might be willing to lend or sell their books to you.
- School Library: Many secondary schools have a student library where they provide the necessary books for students, often for free. Be sure to check with your school’s library to see if they have the required textbooks.
- Online Purchase: Another option is to purchase the books online. I recommend using Konga.com as they offer quality delivery services. You can browse their selection and place an order for the textbooks you need.
- Local Bookshops or Markets: Check for bookshops in your local area or visit the market. Many bookstores carry educational materials, and you may find the WASSCE textbooks you require.
By exploring these avenues, you should be able to access the necessary WASSCE textbooks for your studies.